Due Wed 8 Feb (topic selection)
Presentation dates will be listed in Blackboard
This assignment gives you the opportunity to introduce the class to a programming language of your choice through a short presentation ("lightning talk").
- Topic selection via Doodle
- In-class visual and spoken presentation of 10 to 12 minutes in length plus 3 to 5 minutes for questions and/or discussion
- Submission of visuals via Blackboard
Structure of Presentation
Your presentation on the chosen language should consist of these parts. A suggested approximate number of slides for each part is given in parentheses.
- (1-2 slides) Background and rationale, based on corresponding chapter from the text by Biancuzzi (or other relevant sources)
- (1 slide) Brief code sample
- (5-6 slides) Evaluation with respect to these criteria (please see this reference for details)
- Others, such as
- Community, books, industry backing, etc.
- Major projects (e.g., C used for Unix and lots of other stuff)
- Ecosystem (availability of tools and libraries for the language or the platform it represents)
- (1 slides) Conclusion
- Questions and/or discussion
Consider practicing your talk to make sure you are staying within the given time limit.