Due Date: Mon 7 Feb
- An understanding of the HTTP protocol and ReSTful web services
- Further understanding of hosted, NoSQL databases
- ReSTful client scripting
Implement a small client-side script with the following functionality:
- Connect to your database from project 1a using the generated API key.
- Compute the two-dimensional center of gravity of your points, described by the averages of the x and y values taken as a point.
- Determine the most frequently occurring color.
- Shift all points uniformly by a given x-y offset.
Deal gracefully with error situations such as
- no points
- several colors with the same frequency
While it is possible to implement this functionality as a shell script, it is much easier to use a scripting language such as Groovy, Python, or Ruby. Your best bet is to use any available libraries for
- HTTP/ReST client functionality
and most modern scripting languages have very convenient ways to pull these libraries into your script.
Please submit your client-side script and any unmanaged dependencies in a folder named project1b in your shared group repository.