Recommended development environment
The following development environment is recommended for this course:
Later this term, we will explore:
Alternative development environments
You may use other development environments of your choice but will be on your own for resolving problems.
- Intellij IDEA with suitable plugins
- NetBeans with suitable plugins
- Text editor and command-line tools
Working with EGit and GitHub
- Copy the desired GitHub repository URL from the website
- Open the Git repository exploring perspective
- Press the middle button "clone existing repository and add to view"
- Navigate to the preferred folder for your GitHub projects (usually outside of your Eclipse workspace)
- Import as existing project into Eclipse (project remains in its original location you chose in the previous step)